[EDIT: Please see the clarification posted below.]
I’ve been hearing rumblings about a big game-changing deal for a couple of days, and this morning, it’s been confirmed. Listhub, a Move entity, has acquired Point2 from Yardi, bringing all listings syndication in the United States under one roof.
From Celeste Starchild, General Manager of Listhub:
Move has acquired the Point2 U.S.-based syndication business to further our shared vision of delivering a single listing aggregation, storage and distribution service. As one of our key partners, we wanted to make sure that you were among the first to hear this good news.
Point2 realized the benefits to the industry of having a single platform, and ultimately worked with ListHub to help bring it to fruition. The ListHub vision is to provide the industry with a single platform to improve data synchronization between systems, organize appropriate data licensing provisions for participants, and solve for the fragmentation and duplication of efforts that occurs throughout our industry today. Combining the Point2 and ListHub technologies into a single platform is a giant leap forward in reaching these goals.
Benefits to the industry of the single platform include:
- Better access to listing data for thousands of brokers and franchises who operate across multiple MLSs
- Increased accuracy for online listings, as agent-entered listings will be transitioned to MLS-connected solutions wherever possible
- Enhanced customer service to the industry through a single help desk
- Ability to better measure the results of online marketing across sites and across MLS markets
- Leading data protections for all brokerages through ListHub’s comprehensive publisher agreements
- Ability for software and website technology companies to focus efforts on innovation for REALTORS®, not managing data from multiple sources
How will the acquisition work?
- The ListHub platform technology will be provided to all of Point2′s previous MLS customers (in the U.S.)
- ListHub and Point2 will work collaboratively with each MLS to cutover all of Point2′s U.S. based MLS customers to ListHub over the next six months.
- The MLS-connected Point2 syndication service will operate unchanged for each MLS market during the period prior to their ListHub cutover date to ensure no disruption in service.
- Once an MLS market is transitioned, the Point2 syndication service will cease operations.
NOTE: While it’s nice of Celeste to say I am a “key partner”, I assume this was a blast email that went out to their actual key partners. As the main thing I partner with Listhub on is karaoke with their people, I doubt the phrase applies to me.
In any event… a couple of thoughts.